Helllooooo my friends, and happy Friday! I hope y’all had a great week and are looking forward to a fantastic weekend! I know I’m gonna get some gaming time in my own self, finally, so I’m really looking forward to it my own self. Until then, there’s some news to get out of the way, including some biggies, such as…
- X Rebirth – OMG, the game popped up on Steam (with a release date of 11/15/13!), and along with a new trailer, there’s a new video on the controls in the game, both of which will be embedded below. Yay!
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – A massive new patch for the game has been released that, among other things, adds empire corruption to the pirate empires! SWEET!
- Drox Operative – Speaking of patches, there’s a new beta patch for this game as well, and it adds stuff like station-specific quests! Nifty! There’s also a new interview with developer Steven Peeler over on Game Wisdom.
- Star Citizen – A buncha news for this game today, including the release of part five of A Separate Law, a fan spotlight covering comics and fiction and an interview with environment artist David Opreska, which I’ll embed below as well.
- Strike Suit Zero – According to an update on their Kickstarter, final versions of both the Mac and Linux versions of the game have been released. Wooohoo!
- Endless Space – A new beta patch has been released which does various stuff.
- EVE Online – Over on The Mittani, after an update on the ongoing Providence War, news came down that the war has ended in a cease fire. There’s also news that TEST’s capital ship fleet was destroyed by Black Leigon. Wow, lots of drama in there. Beyond the drama, there’s also a spotlight article on hisec mercenaries.
- Wayfarer: The Outer Reaches – This game was announced in the latest round of games to be greenlit on Steam! Congrats to the developers!
- FleetCOMM : Operation Vigrior – After a long quiet period, the devs are back with an update that they’ll be showing off the game at PAX Prime 2013. Dang, wish I was going!
- Horizon – Over on YouTube, user malkuth1974 has a new Let’s Play video of the game in action, which reminds me that I need to return to it soon. This will also be embedded below.
- Star Conflict – The devs are running a comic contest where one can win in-game currency, and also information on their Teamspeak server for anyone who needs it.
- Star Trek Online – The latest Legacy of Romulus dev blog is up looking at a dilithium mine project. They’ll also be having a Summer giveaway next week wherein you can get items in the C-Store. Wheee!
- Starsector – There are some cool animated GIFs of the game in action over on the game’s forum.
- Miner Wars 2081 – Gamasutra has posted a postmortem on the game by developer Marek Rosa.
- Wayward Terran Frontier – Rock, Paper Shotgun has a lovely little writeup of the game, of which you can learn more about on their official site.
- Universal Civilization – I have never heard of this game before, but it just popped up on Desura. I have no idea if it’s final or in development, but I’ll likely give it a look soon.
- And Here the Wheel – Apparently the first draft of this Elite: Dangerous novel is done!
We’re not done yet folks, we have deals! First up, Gamestop is having a Stardock Entertainment sale which includes deals on all of their games including the usual spacey subjects (I’m low on time and you know who I mean ;). Then, both Strike Suit Zero (and its associated DLC) and Strike Suit Infinity are on sale on Steam.
Next, in kinda-related news, Camel101 — the folks who made Gemini Wars — launched their Kickstarter for their new non-spacey tactical game, Black Talons. Finally, in not-at-all-related news, the dev for the currently Kickstarting game Smart Q45, which is some sort of mobile puzzle game, wrote me a really nice email asking me to promote his game, so there ya go.
That’s it folks! Have an awesome weekend!