Spacey Game Newsies and Dealsies 7/27-30/13: The Recovering-From-The-Weekend Edition
Helllllooooooooo everyone, and happy Tuesday! How y’all doin’? Me? I think I’m coming off of a space game break…or at the very least, a “I only wanna play Skyrim” break. Those seem to crop up every once in a while, but thankfully I was able to put a bunch of hours in it recently and get it out of my system, so now I’m excited about other games again! Yay balance (at least I hope this is balance)! I have a good deal of stuff that needs catching up, too, primarily Ring Runner, which deserves a review, as well as Distant Worlds: Shadows and a Historicon report covering Buzz Aldrin’s Space Program Manager, all of which should be up within a week-ish. :) Now with that out of the way, let’s divei nto some news! :)
- Eterium – This Kickstarter has twenty hours to go and a little less than $5,000 needed to reach its goal, so it’s likely gonna be close. There’s also a look at an escort mission as well as a look at improved lighting and more.
- Star Citizen – You can see some renders of the UEE Marine on the official site, there’s an interview with Chris Roberts on TenTonHammer and on Facebook they’ve posted word that Chris Roberts will be giving a Q&A tonight entitled “The Art of Indie Video Games: How to use Crowdfunding to achieve your goals” which will be streamed on Twitch.tv as well.
- EVE Online – According to Eurogamer, the largest online space battle ever — with around 4,000 players — took place this past weekend in the 6VDT system. The Mittani has a two reports on the massive battle which make for intriguing reading. Part of the drama leading up to this included TEST ceding stations and some confusion over alliance standings, or so that’s how I read it. Unrelated is the news that popular corp Drunk ‘n’ Disorderly is disbanding due to burnout.
- Syder Arcade – If you wanna see a new HYPER-FAST ACTION TRAILER, follow the link or click below.
- Strike Suit Zero – The folks at Tech Radar have an article looking at the Oculus Rift and uses this game as an example of how awesome we all hope it’ll be.
- OreSome – Apparently the tech tree is done and the game is that much closer to kinda being finished!
- Deep Space Settlement – Their IndieDB has a new video entiled “3rd law of motion“. No idea what it’s about, but it’ll also be embedded below.
- Infinite Pixels – Their latest alpha, 0.2.0, has been released — with a new video which I’ll embed below — and they’re also now on Steam Greenlight, so go vote for ‘em!
- Starlight Inception – A new installment of Inside the Ready Room is available for your reading pleasure, detailing where they are in production.
- Beyond Beyaan – Brent has upload a new blog post covering the Fleet UI in the game, which looks much more streamlined than before.
- Star Trek Online – There’s an awesome new wallpaper online called “In Enemies, Find Allies” which I am totally downloading.
Finally, in related news we have a few things. First up, Space Sector has an interview with Ian McNeil of the Slitherine Group about their upcoming Sci-Fi titles taken at Historicon (an article covering which I’m also working on). Then, Eurogamer has word of twenty cancelled Star Wars games being recently revealed, one of which was Star Wars: Han Solo, so one thinks there’d be some Millennium Falcon flying action in there. Finally, podcast co-host Jim has a new podcast called Your Favorite Podcast, and brought me on to talk about indie games and press conferences. Check it out.
That’s it for today. Have an awesome day y’all!