Spacey Game News and Dealsies 6/1-6/13: The Lawdy-Lawd-I’m-Tired Edition
Heyyyyy guys! Me again (who else would it be, really?)! Been a CRAZY week, which is why I’m just getting to the news just now, and holy crap there’s a ton of it. I actually had to take a break in the middle of writing this just to eat a little something, because it was THAT INTENSE you guys! ;) Enjoy!
- Drox Operative – The expansion has finall been named! It’s titled Invasion of the Ancients and it has a ton of stuff, like ancient race invasions, space stations, a new race and more! YAY!
- AI War – The next expansion, Vengeance of the Machine, will be available for pre-order soon! Yay! I keep saying this, but I need to dive into this game. There’s also a new patch entitled “Activating Vengeful Sanding Machine” which adds a boatload of stuff to the game.
- Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion – While not a whole expansion, the first DLC pack for the game, Forbidden Worlds, is now available for $4.99, and adds new planets, new research and more!
- Starlight Inception – The official trailer has finally be released, and it looks great! Check it out from the link or embedded below.
- Limit Theory – The latest video dev entry has been released, and it’s well worth a watch.
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – Matrix Games’ Erik Rutins put together an intro guide to playing a new game in the Age of Shadows for new players. There are also new videos by Das24680 showing explored locations, creating a destroyer fleet, destroyers vs. a cap ship and…loros fruit?
- Void Destroyer – The Kickstarter campaign is in full swing, and Paul has put out no-less than fifteen updates since it launched. Rather than list ‘em all individually, I’ll just link to the updates page if y’all don’t mind. ;)
- EVE Online – A lot of news here, the biggest being the release of Odyssey, their 19th (!) expansion pack. Keep chuggin’, CCP. There are also dev blogs talking about EVE VR and new audio transition sounds, as well as announcements on Caldari ships and military career arcs being reset. Over on The Mittani, they have so much EVE news I don’t even have time to list it all, but go check it out please. ;) Finally, Massively reports that 96% of EVE’s players are male, something CCP is juuuust fine with.
- 90Edges Universe – We now have the first pic from inside a space station. Nifty!
- GoD Factory: Wingmen – There’s a new video showing off some gameplay with the Oculus Rift.
- Beyond Beyaan – Apparently Brent has reverted to a pre-SVN version of the game, whatever that means. ;)
- Star Citizen – There’s a new “Observist Guide” to New York, a galactic guide to Earth, a new video containing an interview with 3D artist Jeff Cavitt (embedded below as well) and part nine of the writer’s guide.
- Star Conflict – There’s a new version of the game that adds metals and other stuff.
- StarMade – There’s a new dev build with a major focus on gravity. There’s also a new video explaining how beam weapons work (in Russian, FYI), as well as better AI, new textures and better admin tools.
- Infinite Pixels – The pre-alpha version is out for anyone who backed their IndieGoGo campaign. There’s also a new trailer for the alpha (embedded below).
- Void of Darkness -There’s a new teaser video of the game over on their IndieDB page (and embedded below).
- Eterium – Thanks to everyone who sent me info about this game. It looks very Wing Commanderesque, and the demo is a good time, so check it out.
- Kerbal Space Program – There’s a new minor update out (0.21) that adds crew management, overhauled space center scenery and more!
- Strike Suit Zero – Hey, they have a blog now, and their first post is about the game using the Oculus Rift! Yay!
- Predestination – Their May dev update is out, focusing on UI design and galaxy map features.
- Dominium – Sadly their Kickstarter failed, but they’ve still put out many updates on where the game is going.
- Freespace Open – The latest edition of the HLP Newsletter is out. This talks about the latest news in campaigns, coding and more.
- Vendetta Online – There’s a new version with lots of little bug fixes.
- Rubicon – This game has now gone open source. Check it out!
- Retrobooster – There’s a new video of the game from VG24/7 which I’ll embed below.
- StarDrive – There’s a new review on GameGrin.
- Aegis Division – I found this new game over on Kickstarter, so go check it out
We’re not done yet folks. Ooooooohh no. We have deals! First off, Amazon has launched a new indie game storefront (yay for them!), and to celebrate, they have a TON of deals going on, way too many for me to mention here, but thanks to the good folks on Reddit, you can see a list of the individual games and bundles that are currently on sale, which include a good deal of spaciness. Finally, you can get Dawnstar over on IndieGameStand for as low as $1, but more if you want extras.
Finally, in related news, the latest Science Behind the SciFi newsletter has been released.
That’s it! Whew! I gotta get back to doing this daily. Thanks for your patience folks, and have a lovely day!