Spacey Game News and Deals 5/10-14/13: The Very, Very Late Edition
Helllooooooooo my good friends. How are y’all doin’? Sorry about missing posting the news yesterday, just been a bit crazy around here, but good! Spent time with both X3: Albion Prelude and Distant Worlds: Shadows, so expect stuff on that soon (once I have time to actually write it up), and recorded a podcast to talk about Dominium, which you’ll hear soon. Now, onto the news!
- Distant Worlds: Shadows – OMG, apparently we can talk about it now. How do I know this? ;) There’s a new preview from Space Sector, as well as several new videos from Das24680 (LOVE that guy) showing off the game (which will also be embedded below). I’ve been able to dive in myself recently, so I’ll have my preview up within the next couple of days, as it comes out next week!!!
- EVE Online – Lots of news for this game. First, from the official site, we have dev blogs on hacking in Odyssey as well as planetary conquest changes. From The Mittani, we have more articles covering Odyssey, namely naval battleship rebalancing, dual character training and exploration, as well as a storyline primer for May, 2013.
- Dominium – This game used to be called Dominion, it’s been renamed after getting a C&D from another game of the same name, and is now called Dominium. Other updates cover DRM (or lack thereof), a new station, the Pengari 40 race, and another concept ship. Stay tuned for our podcast with the lead dev soon. :)
- StarDrive – Holy hell, it’s a deluge of reviews!! We have ‘em from IncGamers, BagoGames, Gamespot Australia, IGN, The Tech Scoop, SnackBar Games, VGU, The Page of Reviews, GameInformer, Press2Reset,Overclocker’s Club and GamersGlobal (in German). Wheeeeew, I’m out of virtual breath.
- Star Citizen – A bevy of recent updates, including part six of their writer’s guide, concept art of the planet Armitage, analysys of a Vanduul warship, an in-game ad for the Omni-Bel Ship Dealership and an update to the user support system. Away from the main site, we have two videos of Chris Roberts playing with the Razer Edge, a hotspot video and a full-length video, both of which will be embedded below. Don’t why the different names, they’re both around eight minutes in length.
- Star Trek Online – There have been three new updates discussing the Legacy of Romulus expansion. The first covers Romulan Warbirds stats, the second looks at warp cores, and the final at console set bonuses. Whatever that means. ;)
- Strike Suit Infinity – There’s a new review up from IncGamers.
- Void of Darkness – Two new videos, showing all weapons and one showing cluster bombs. Both with also be embedded below.
- Quintet – Their Android Kickstarter made its goal, so it’ll be coming to Android! Woohoo!
- Artemis – In similar news, this bridge simulation software IS now available for Android. Woohoo! ;)
- Beyond Beyaan – There’s a new progress update that talks about how…progress on the game is going. ;)
- Retrobooster – There’s a new updated demo out with a bunch of new bug fixes. I really need to give this a whirl again, now that I have a gamepad. :)
- AI War – There’s a new update entitled “So I Rewired It” which contains work going into the next major revision of the game, version 7.0. They’re calling it a “foundational upheavel”.
- Icarus Ascends – These guys have their own website now! Yay!
- Galaxial – There’s a new update on ship fitting, which looks nifty.
- And Here the Wheel – There’s a new podcast episode up by the author of the official novel of Elite: Dangerous. Check it out.
Whew, that’s a heckuva lot of news, but we’re not done! We also have DEALS!
- The folks behind Show me The Games are having a huge sale, which you go to their site and get codes for discounts. This includes:
- Smugglers V! for $5 off
- Beat Hazard Ultra for 50% off
- Space Pirates and Zombies for 50% off
- Evochron Mercenary for 40% off
- As part of a larger Deep Silver Sale, you can get these games on Green Man Gaming for a discount (the deals aren’t available in my region, so I apologize, but I can’t see the prices):
- Green Man Gaming also has an EVE Online starter pack for $4.99
Finally, in unrelated news, the Kickstarter for CDF Ghostship has begun. The dev is a really nice guy who frequents our forums, so I wanted to do him a solid. ;)
Thanks for reading guys and gals, and have an awesome day!