Spacey Game News and Deals 3/4/14: The No-Clever-Tagline Edition
Hello my friends, and welcome to another day of newsiness!! There’s plenty of goodness to get to today, including a bundle and some other stuff, so let’s get to it! Remember, all videos will be embedded below the cut. :)
- Drox Operative – The Invasions of the Ancients expansion is now on Steam and is half off for $4.99 until March 11th! Also, via their forums, if you email Steven (the developer) with your previously purchased keys, you can likely be sent a Steam key as well. The game also has been patched recently, and fixes a few bugs.
- Star Citizen – A new feature is a monthly report, which tries to address transparency problems some fans were having. It’s a very detailed report, and includes art, videos, numbers of employees and more, and I certainly can’t wait to read it all. There’s also a new episode of The Next Great Starship, another installment of Ten for the Chairman and a stat update on the Mustang and Gunship ships.
- Limit Theory – A new month, a new update, this time looking at scanners, ice, and much more. I can’t wait to watch it, let alone play it.
- Freespace Open Project – The latest edition of the HLP Newsletter has dropped with a good chunk of campaign and coding news. Wait, what? You’ve not played Freespace 2? Fix that immediately!
- Void Destroyer – Paul has put up a look at the first forty-seven days after the game launched on Steam, which is pretty enlightening. I love this kind of transparency.
- Approaching Infinity – The latest beta, 02, has been released, which has mostly focused on fixing quests. Download it and give it a shot!
- Space Pioneer – The Kickstarter has a few days left, and it’ll take a lot of work or a miracle to help them over the finish line. Hopefully this article from Polygon will help get ‘em some traction.
- Wing Commander – The CIC has a link to a great piece of art showing tribute to Aaron Allston as well as a link to a tutorial on how to put engine nozzles on a custon Hellcat V model, which I want very badly.
- Space Engineers – A new version has been released, and while I can’t link to the press release (it’s behind a login wall), I can link to this video showing off some of the new features.
- FleetCOMM : Operation Vigrior – A new post on Kickstarter discusses finally stabilizing the engine and includes a Torrent link where you can try it out yourself.
- Vendetta Online – A new version of the game includes turret and capship fixes, among others.
- Cosmonautica – Rock, Paper Shotgun has a small article on the game which includes some words after some brief time with the game.
- Open Imperium Galactica – A new version is out which includes an updated planets screen, improved language selection and more.
- GoD Factory: Wingmen – The game has been nominated for a Special Selected Projects award at Game Connection America 2014. Good luck to ‘em!
We’re not done yet folks! First, in the bundle department, Bundle Stars’ Adrenaline Bundle is pretty damned great, as it has the fantastic Ring Runner, and in non-spacey game goodness, also both Etherlords games (which are awesome) and plenty more. Get this one if you can, folks.
Then, in the kinda related department, we have more faction information for Endless Legend, the fantasy strategy game from the Endless Space folks. We also have three new models from SOL Command for use in your space game, including a Personal Mining Unit, a base of operation for the PMUs and a sleek Dobrev frigate.
Finally, in not-related-but-still-interesting news comes word that Kickstarter passed the $1 billion mark in pledges, over $215 million coming from gaming alone, which is pretty awesome. Thanks VGN247 for the heads up!
That’s it for today folks, have a great one!