Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
X3TC mods
04-29-2012, 05:08 AM
X3TC mods
recently i found out my x superbox came with all kinds of stuff. it had guides, manuals, and cycrow's x plugin manager. the plugin manager is a blessing for me cause im a bit dim when it comes to modding games(just new to it).

well does anyone know if i can add a cockpit mod to this manager. i installed one to the vanilla version but i can only access it thru the normal launcher. i want to add it to the plugin manager along with the other scripts and mods im using on it.

i asked on the x plugin mgr. thread still haven't received a response. i've googled and not found anything. so i thought one of y'all might know this.

Looking 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em!
Indie Bundle Tracker
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-29-2012, 05:21 AM
Re: X3TC mods
You know, I have never used mods in the X games. Which ones add the fun and accessibility? ;-)

(Sorry, couldn't resist.) ;-)
Find all posts by this user
04-29-2012, 05:31 AM
RE: X3TC mods
(04-29-2012 05:21 AM)Brian Rubin Wrote:  You know, I have never used mods in the X games. Which ones add the fun and accessibility? ;-)

(Sorry, couldn't resist.) ;-)
well i think the only mod i'm using is one that adds ships from x2 and engine tails(is that the right term?) and the rest are scripts like the advanced jumpdrive-lets you jump instantly and without needed energy cells(still can't afford this though lol). most are just to fix things that are wrong with the game. like better autopiloting(i.e. not crashing into stuff so much or warp gates) things like that.

my you're up early today or are you up late?

Indie Bundle Tracker
04-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Re: X3TC mods
Early. Kept waking up this morning.
05-10-2012, 02:26 AM
(04-29-2012 05:21 AM)Brian Rubin Wrote:  You know, I have never used mods in the X games. Which ones add the fun and accessibility? ;-)

At the moment, you should definitely try the XRM. It's a HUGE mod, adding alot of new content and basically making it a much more enjoyable game.

Also, Salvage Commands & NPCs combined with Marine Repairs. First mods allows for ship bailing in NPC vs NPC fights, and the second allows you to repair damaged ships docked inside a carrier.
A word of warning: this might transform you into a damn dirty vulture Wink. One of my favourite activities is finding a promising warzone (X-universe in XRM is much more active), jumping in with a light carrier and snatching all those lovely recently unoccupied ships. I mean, it's just recycling, right? I'm keeping the universe clean here!
05-10-2012, 07:42 AM
(05-10-2012 02:26 AM)gorkomatic Wrote:  

At the moment, you should definitely try the XRM. It's a HUGE mod, adding alot of new content and basically making it a much more enjoyable game.

Also, Salvage Commands & NPCs combined with Marine Repairs. First mods allows for ship bailing in NPC vs NPC fights, and the second allows you to repair damaged ships docked inside a carrier.
A word of warning: this might transform you into a damn dirty vulture Wink. One of my favourite activities is finding a promising warzone (X-universe in XRM is much more active), jumping in with a light carrier and snatching all those lovely recently unoccupied ships. I mean, it's just recycling, right? I'm keeping the universe clean here!

hi gorkomatic. thanks for replying and welcome to the forum. i'm using the XRM mod already but thanks for the tips. right now i just want to get a cockpit mod added to my x plugin manager and can't seem to find a way to do it or anyone to help me out with this.

Indie Bundle Tracker
05-10-2012, 07:48 AM
I really need to buy a proper HOTAS/rudder pedals combo and start playing X3 seriously.
05-10-2012, 11:56 AM
(05-10-2012 07:42 AM)doctor_roxo Wrote:  hi gorkomatic. thanks for replying and welcome to the forum. i'm using the XRM mod already but thanks for the tips. right now i just want to get a cockpit mod added to my x plugin manager and can't seem to find a way to do it or anyone to help me out with this.

Thanks, doc. It's nice to find a dedicated space game site (reminds me a bit of the good old ATFW).

When it comes to combining cockpit mod with xrm, I think you have to add it manually as a fake patch. So essentially you would have to put it as another cat/dat pair in your X3/Albion prelude directory.

In my case it's something like this:
Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict\addon
01.cat, 01.dat, 02.cat, 02.dat - albion prelude data
03.cat, 03.dat - xrm part 1
04.cat, 04.dat - xrm part 2
05.cat, 05.dat - xrm backgrounds
06.cat, 06.dat - cockpit mod by by PSCO1 (incl. lite version of the HUD)

Just checked it and it works. I think that proper order is essential (xrm first, then cockpits) and when you istall them as spk package it's not preserved.
05-10-2012, 12:18 PM
(05-10-2012 07:48 AM)Thade780 Wrote:  I really need to buy a proper HOTAS/rudder pedals combo and start playing X3 seriously.

would that work well with X3? doesn't seem like the kind of game to use that stuff for. of course i guess it depends on how you play it. im a trader so basically i work out of an office-my office just happens to be a space ship(saw someone say that somewhere and it stuck with me)

(05-10-2012 11:56 AM)gorkomatic Wrote:  
(05-10-2012 07:42 AM)doctor_roxo Wrote:  hi gorkomatic. thanks for replying and welcome to the forum. i'm using the XRM mod already but thanks for the tips. right now i just want to get a cockpit mod added to my x plugin manager and can't seem to find a way to do it or anyone to help me out with this.

Thanks, doc. It's nice to find a dedicated space game site (reminds me a bit of the good old ATFW).

When it comes to combining cockpit mod with xrm, I think you have to add it manually as a fake patch. So essentially you would have to put it as another cat/dat pair in your X3/Albion prelude directory.

In my case it's something like this:
Directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict\addon
01.cat, 01.dat, 02.cat, 02.dat - albion prelude data
03.cat, 03.dat - xrm part 1
04.cat, 04.dat - xrm part 2
05.cat, 05.dat - xrm backgrounds
06.cat, 06.dat - cockpit mod by by PSCO1 (incl. lite version of the HUD)

Just checked it and it works. I think that proper order is essential (xrm first, then cockpits) and when you istall them as spk package it's not preserved.

hey we're glad to have you Gork. there's only a few active members on the forum right now and it's nice to see new faces. hope you stick around and chime in on some of the other threads or post your own if you have something to share(what am i doing-you know how to use a forum-i hope Tongue) lol sorry you'll come to learn i'm the silly one on the forum, except for Brian...he's like the supreme commander of silliness Smile

but thanks for that info. i'll see if i can't figure something out with it and make it work.

Indie Bundle Tracker
05-11-2012, 01:44 PM
(05-10-2012 12:18 PM)doctor_roxo Wrote:  would that work well with X3? doesn't seem like the kind of game to use that stuff for.
Sure it would. Everything is better with a proper controller!

(05-10-2012 12:18 PM)doctor_roxo Wrote:  of course i guess it depends on how you play it. im a trader so basically i work out of an office-my office just happens to be a space ship(saw someone say that somewhere and it stuck with me)
I read that somewhere, but I can't remember where. Nice quote thou, I used to say something like that when travelling from one system to another with my cargo, only I was talking about bringing my house together with me like a snail.