Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
So who's got Space Movie recommendations?
06-13-2012, 11:36 AM
RE: So who's got Space Movie recommendations?
(06-10-2012 05:09 AM)doctor_roxo Wrote:  i don't think anyone has mentioned this movie yet and a friend of mine just reminded me of it (bless him).

it's called Space Truckers. it has Dennis Hopper and Stephen Dorff in it and was pretty good. i haven't seen this in over 10 years but as soon as i locate a copy i plan to rent/buy it.

Yeah, I rember this, its the one with the cargo full of robots who are going to destroy the earth with there heat ray thingymebob. Im going to have to get my hands on a copy and watch it again.

bobalot
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-14-2012, 07:53 AM
yea it's extremely cheesy and sometimes not in a good way. i still get a kick out of the "square pigs" but yeah its a decent movie for sure. i picked this up and Wing Commander from a local game store recently. haven't watched Wing Commander yet but saw it years ago when it first came out. i do wish they would've picked a better actor than freddie prince jr. bleh!

Looking 4 Indie Bundles? We track 'em!
Indie Bundle Tracker
06-14-2012, 10:06 AM
OMG, Wing Commander is SO, SO BAD. It's got a great soundtrack, and David Warner, and J├╝rgen Prochnow, but even that can't save it, ultimately.
Find all posts by this user
06-15-2012, 02:54 AM
i thought i remember there being some okay space fight scenes in Wing Commander. was i wrong?

Indie Bundle Tracker
06-15-2012, 09:34 AM
Meh, they're kind of okay, but as a whole movie, it's mostly horrid.
06-16-2012, 11:15 AM
I have seen wing commander but I cant remeber anything about it other than recognising the main pilot and that guy with the beard.

I do however remember every scene from the game that had Ginger lynn in , I think she was an engineer.

bobalot
06-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Yessss...yes she was...

If only the movie had used the same cast and crew as the games. THAT would've OWNED.
06-17-2012, 05:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-17-2012 05:26 AM by doctor_roxo.)
anyone remember a movie called Supernova. came out in or around '99. it had James Spader in it. i remember liking the movie at the time. maybe i'll track it down and see if it holds up now.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134983/

...also while i found that on imdb i saw another movie i've never heard of but looks and sound kinda good. it seems to be French and it's called Dante 01. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0487928/

Indie Bundle Tracker
06-17-2012, 11:32 AM
Never heard of 'either of 'em. Thanks!
06-18-2012, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2012 07:07 AM by doctor_roxo.)
(06-17-2012 11:32 AM)Brian Rubin Wrote:  Never heard of 'either of 'em. Thanks!

really? i thought everyone knew of Supernova at least. it wasn't like a straight to dvd movie or anything. Dante 01 looks good but have no idea how i'll find it considering it foreign, and if i import it, will it have subtitles?

Dante 01 was made by the co-director of City of Lost Children and Delicatessen. haven't seen either but have heard of them and from what i understand, they're very good movies. i have Delicatessen on my netflix queue so i'll have to check it out.

and apparently wal-mart sells Dante 01 and its in english. i'd rather have a copy with subs rather than dubbed but oh well. http://www.walmart.com/ip/10983150?ci_sr...90&veh=cse

Indie Bundle Tracker